Glenark Mills/Glenark Oaks

Glenark Mills/ Glenark Oaks
104 Sayles Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Property Manager: Thania Ramirez
tramirez@trinitymanagementcompany.com
Ph: 401-766-2720; Fax: 401-766-2340

Trinity Management is proud to announce that Glenark Mills/Glenark Oaks received the Vanguard Award in 2015 from the National Affordable Housing Management Association in the category “Major Rehabilitation of an Existing Rental Property.”

All 89 apartments are affordable, that is, geared to people earning no more than 60 percent of area median income. There are one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments to accommodate different family sizes; a laundry room; and a Community Room and Kitchen that all residents can enjoy. There is also a playground for the youngsters.

Heat and hot water are included in the rent. Residents may have a cat for a pet. There is smoking allowed in apartments, not in the common areas. The building is easily accessible from highways and public transportation.

Residents of Glenark Mills/Glenark Oaks in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, enjoy affordable living in great style, enlivened by a history that begins in Colonial times, blooms during the Industrial Revolution, and continues today as this old mill town refashions itself for the 21st century.

Since the 1660s, people have been drawn to the area by the Woonsocket Falls, the largest waterfall on the Blackstone River, in what is now a city of about 40,000 people just 15 miles north of Providence. A sawmill was built by the Colonials. Later, the river was dammed behind the falls and diverted into canals and trenches to fuel the factories of the Industrial Revolution. The waterfall is now prized for its beauty, a rare attribute for any community.

Among other attractions in the area is the River Island Park, which has a canoe ramp, a municipal ice-skating rink, and a bandstand. It is also the site of Woonsocket’s annual Riverfest.

Glenark Mills was recognized as an historic gem in 1989 when it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The original stone section of Glenark Mills was built in 1865, the last year of the Civil War. The brick addition was added in 1885, when Woonsocket and many other cities and towns on the Eastern seaboard purred with machinery and choked with smoke from factories. A 1990 addition, now called Glenark Oaks, completes this historic, but oh-so-modern apartment home.

Glenark Mills / Glenark Oaks offer modern conveniences and comfort, great style, affordable prices, and a history that spans four centuries.

Glenark Mills Living room

 Contact Manager